Monday, September 12, 2011

But it goes to 11

Saw another new doctor today.

     Today was the Infectious Disease Doctor... He was very thorough and is checking for anything and everything it might be. I am happy to be going to the ID because it is someone who is looking at other options other than optic migraines which none of the medicines seem to help with. I had eight vials of blood taken, which seems like a lot, but if it will help they can take it all. The bad news is that I m getting a spinal tap also, which I am not looking forward to being awake while a needle is inserted into my spine, well that and hopefully no drummers will spontaneously combust or die in a horrible gardening accident. That is about what I know of Spinal Tap.

     The rest of this week I will be hooked up wires and batteries to observe my brain waves (if they can find any) and heart rate (I am starting to feel as though I am making up the case of the Wizard of Oz).

     On the emotion front, I am lonely. I spend my time laying around and walking alone in the park. After a few laps I just sit and stare at the sunset and wish my life were back to normal. Looking at the horizon and dreaming of what may be and what could have been. Wishing for a miracle or just good news. I do not care the news right now, just anything. What have I turned into? I hate life. I am normally used to being alone, but with no car alone and stuck in one place that isn't yours is rough.

     I think I feel worse because I got to see my bed. Not the day bed I am stuck in while being unable to do anything for myself, but my queen sized bed I spent a ton of money on so I could be comfortable when I sleep. I laid down on a lot of beds to find the one that felt right. Then I brought my car back so my mom might be able to use it to give her car a break. I drove it, from the driveway to the lawn. Five months without a car and 20 seconds in the drivers seat I wanted to drive it cross country and not look back at all my doctors, all my problems. That would not work since at any time I could lose my vision or think something was coming at me.

     I do not want to be alone. I do not want to lie to my family. I do not want to feel horrible.

     I would like a good night sleep where I don't get to sleep at 3 am and wake up at 530 then feel horrible for the rest of the day.

     I am stuck in life. I watch everyone moving forward with family, friends and career. I am stuck in limbo. Maybe I will have pictures of my borg like state at the end of the week. That will at least be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Just try to remember that you are not alone. You have people that care about you and are holding out hope for you.

    ReplyDelete