Monday, September 26, 2011

No Doctors spontaneously combusted during this exam...

This week was one hell of a week...

I got through the Borg like brain contraptions. In fact as soon as I saw there was a file on it this time, I took off the leads myself. I did not even let the tech do it. I ripped them all off and left the office. That was the longest six days I have had in a long time. Every time I moved it would pull, half the wires pulled themselves off. It was difficult to sleep when I rolled on the box every two hours it seemed. But I got through it.

Thursday I broke down for the first time in six months. It is not something I like to admit, but the last time I broke down was when my grandmother died. Some of my friends have said that six months of putting up with what I have put up with was way too long to break down... I normally am not an emotional person. I keep things in and am normally very even (no real highs or lows). It all started while I was watching a movie and hearing the Beatles... All you need is love. I don't know why that song started it but after that something in my brain just started and it happened. I have not been able to do it again since then even though it felt pretty good.

Friday I woke up early for my Spinal Tap, and did it go to eleven. The epidural did not feel like it worked (This would not be the first time a numbing agent did not work on me, once it happened with my wisdom teeth). I felt four separate punctures and each one there was a searing pain like dry ice going down my left leg.  Now I have been tazered and it sort of felt the same to me, but only from the puncture point down my leg.

I laid there for two hours on my back, which for me is rough because I can not sit still... For three days later I am still feeling horrible. I have a stiff neck, headache and have almost thrown up...

Hopefully I will feel better soon. May have to go back to the hospital if this keeps up... Not looking forward to that.

Thursday I get my results for my 72 Hour EKG and today I received my two week EEG in the mail. At least with this one I can take the leads off and shower.

Just not in a funny or movie quoting mood.

Till later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment