Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Seven get up Eight

Ok, So here is what is new as of Today (I can not tell you tomorrow or I would play the lottery).

I met with a doctor at UPenn. My family Doctor wanted me to see this doctor, and when I called to make an appointment in July they quoted me February as the first appointment date. I said thank you but no. Somehow they called yesterday and asked if I wanted to come in. So I said yes.

This Neurologist seemed interested. I was there for about two hours (one with the fellow and one with her). Out of all of the Neurologists she seemed interested. She did not come up with a conclusion on one symptom, but it seemed like she wanted to figure out a mystery. The other Neurologists I have been to have threw their hands up in the air and pawned me off on someone else, after the medicine that they gave me did not work. They told me to find someone else to do it.

So good news, This doctor wanted all of my medical records no matter how small... She took my cell phone number so she could call me with any questions along the way. It was refreshing from a Neurologist. I have only found two other doctors who were interested enough to look past the obvious (which has not worked for six months). She also wants me to see a doctor friend of hers who has written papers on persistent visual disturbances to get his point of view.

So Bad news, I may have to get another spinal tap. Good news, More This is Spinal Tap references coming up. I was also asked if I would have a problem being in a MRI machine for more than 2 hours. Good thing I am not claustrophobic. I also have more blood tests... I think they should just leave one of those stints in my arm so they can take what they want to bleed me dry.

With all this doom and gloom in my writings, I have had two things make me happy this week. Sunday I went to a Buddhist Meditation with a Buddhist monk who fled Tibet with the Dalai Lama. It was a refreshing and relaxing day. Although I suck at meditating (I can not keep thoughts from jumping into my head... but I guess it needs work), it was a great experiences and I plan on going back for more. http://www.tibetanbuddhist.org/ for anyone interested.

With everything that has been happening to me lately I have been down for nearly five months. I found no way to get out of my funk. I am not out of it yet but these little experiences of happiness have helped. Going to the Buddhist Mediation session, seeing friends and going to their house for a day away from seclusion, and I had the best burger in the world.

This burger was from Village Whiskey in Philadelphia. It is one of Jose Garces Restaurants. If you do not know him he is an Iron Chef and his food is a South American Asian mix. This burger was amazing; it is the Whiskey King. 8 ounces of meat (Medium Rare of course), with Maple Bourbon Glazed Cipollini (Which are onions I just found out), Rogue Bleu Cheese, Applewood Bacon and Foie Gras... On the side was Duck Fat French Fries with a Sly Fox-Chedder Cheese sauce and a Black and white milkshake.

It also had a huge list of whiskey and a beer in a hand pump (Which I have only ever seen at Standard Tap. Now this made me want to try the Whiskeys and beer, but alas my medicine keep me from those which I love. I will go back when I am done and start at one end of the Whiskey Menu and work my way to the other (Kind of like what I do at Monks).

I will update later when I have more medical info, but I wanted to thank everyone who has given me a moment of happiness recently. You have no idea what it means to me. Although I would never hurt myself, it has given me that little bump I needed to get out of bed in the morning. So Thank you for everything...

Slainte.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're hopefully on the path to some answers, I've been praying for you. Also, that burger sounds amazing, I need to get to that restaurant sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete