Monday, November 21, 2011

Definitely not Horrorshow...

Ok, I know there has been a long absence from me, but I think my last vellocet were taking a lot out of me.

I said Med Free, Do what I please
med free to ride to breeze
med free baby I can't stay
I got to got to get away

My last meds I reached the top level and started to break out in a rash, which was what they were worried about. So I stepped down and I am completely off them. Since then I am sleeping 15 hours a day where I was barely sleeping, now I can not get enough. After two more weeks hopefully I will be completely balanced out again.

I had a zasnoot study done to check to see if I am narcoleptic. I do not know how anyone can be truly tested while being hooked up to all of the machines. With electrodes on my face, head, neck, shoulder and nogas, and tubes up my nose made it impossible to zasnoot. So I was supposed to be woken up at 6am. Instead I was awake at 5am waiting for the nurse to check on me. Then every two hours from 8-4 I was to try to take a nap. Of course I am going to be tired since I only slept 4 hours the previous night, and I normally sleep from 3am-10am because of the above meds. I went back to the doctor today (a month later) to get the results and it was not done yet. My doctor called to ask why and they said it takes 3 weeks to a month to exam (after it was a month already).

I then had a two hour, yes two straight hours inside of a MRI machine. Now I am no not by any means claustrophobic, but even I was a little unnerved when I opened my eyes seeing the machine three inches from my face. It did not help when I asked for a Punk internet radio channel they put on an emo one and one that played Oasis. Finally I just asked if I could chose one band to listen to and asked for the Murphys which gave me a good sampling of music from Flogging Molly, and the Pogues ... oh and the sharp object imbedding itself in my head for two hours did not make me feel any better. I got through it and guess what it showed? Absolutely nothing.

Today was a fun one. I felt as though the doctors were experimenting with me to reenact a Clockwork Orange. They put contact lenses in my Glazzballs, attached to electrodes. I was unable to blink and had flashing lights going off for about 20 minutes. To get to that point I had to sit in the dark for an hour, without anything to do. The contact lenses made me blub or they were adding artificial tears I do not know which. If you could not figure it out, I have fit in some of the vernacular from the Book to have some fun.

So this week is Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my Family, friends and that I still have relatively good health ( compared to other people I see at the Hospitals). I am thankful that no matter how down I get I know that it can get worse, but has not yet. I am thankful for a good beer, burger, or whatever else gets me through the day. I hope all who read this do something for someone else this year who is less fortunate than you. Give to those who need it rather than those who want it. I have learned I can live with surprisingly little (which coming from someone who is on the verge of a hoarder says a lot).

The one thing I am not thankful for is my second Spinal tap, which comes next week... That will be another week of me being laid up on my back in pain.

I will follow up with more after the Spinal tap and maybe getting some news from any of the tests.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy and giving holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment